7 Signs your Culture is Healthy
- Organizational success trumps personal success. Team members commit to do what’s best for their team and organization. It’s time to leave if what’s best for the organization isn’t also good for you.
- Elephants dance. Healthy cultures discuss tough issues with optimism, toughness, and kindness.
- Diversity abounds. Cross-functional teams, diverse age groups, and the presence of female participants is expected and normal.
- Open minds win. Alternatives are invited, honored, and explored. Teams committed to one solution can’t adapt as they go.
- Leaders lift others. The spotlight points to performance not position in healthy organizations.
- People know and respect each other’s strengths. One of the best things you can do for your team is take the Strengthsfinder and publicly discuss results.
- Everyone knows what matters. Boldness requires confidence. Confidence is born in knowledge of and alignment with mission and vision.
Bonus: Forgiveness fuels innovation in healthy organizations. Mistakes are learning opportunities. Innovation requires failure.